- PNP Chief Albayalde instructed police officers deployed in Boracay not to accept hospitality offers of private resorts and hotel
- The police force are obliged to avoid these invitations in order for them to avoid malicious speculations
- 158 police officers sent to the island as additional armed force to secure the area are staying in public schools and government facilities
In connection with the rehabilitation of the famous tourist beach spot Boracay, armed personnel were also sent to secure the business establishments in the area. However, Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Oscar Albayalde gave specific instruction to police officers deployed in the area not to sleep nor enter any resort and other business establishments.
Albayalde emphasized that even if the business owners would invite them and give them free accommodation, they should never entertain the invitation.
For what purpose? The PNP Chief mentioned that for these officers to avoid any intrigue or malicious speculations and avoid being blamed for missing valuables, his men are restricted to sleep in those areas.
In addition, Metro Boracay Police Task Force Commander Senior Supt. Jesus Cambay Jr. said that even if these business owners have already offered to accommodate the police force, they have firmly declined because there is a possibility that the lodging house or hotel where they are being asked to stay are actually one of the environmental violators.
According to Inquirer, the order to refuse the hospitality offers are applicable only to the additional 158 police offers sent to Boracay to assist the local police men in the closure order of the island implemented last April 26.
On the other hand, the PNP Chief also told them that they can still enjoy the cool white sand beach and golden sunset in the island but they should never act as tourists.
At present, some police officers are staying in the public elementary schools of Balabag and Yapak villages while some are in the Manoc-Manoc village multipurpose complex.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019