- DA Secretary Manny Piñol introduced and demonstrated a drone that can spray 1 hectare of farmland in under 10 minutes in Benguet
- Piñol wants the technology to be adopted by farmers especially in uplands
- The drone used in the demo is owned by DMM Company Ltd.
Department of Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel “Manny” Piñol on Friday introduced and demonstrated a drone that can spray a hectare of farmland with a liter of fertilizer in under 10 minutes in La Trinidad, Benguet.
Piñol wants the technology to be part of the highland food growing process; to assist upland vegetable gardeners.
It was flown over the Benguet State University’s strawberry farm.
The agriculture secretary offered to subsidize more drone-spraying operations on 5,000 hectares of vegetable farms to show farmers the benefits of drone technology.
According to Piñol, drone services could be part of the DA’s easy loan program; however, he said: “There is always resistance from farmers when it comes to technology so we have to show them the benefits.”
The drone was owned by DMM Company Ltd., and farmers would need to pay P1,500 for every hectare of farm sprayed by the drones.
According to DMM, manual spraying takes 160 minutes per hectare in Japan.
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019