- Ang Probinsyano apologized for using altered Dingdong Dantes, Marian Rivera wedding photo in the show
- The producers said they are unaware that the contractor used a photo of the Kapuso celebrities
- They said they will conduct further investigations to prevent a similar incident from happening
The producers of the Kapamilya action series FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano issued an apology to actors Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera for using altered photos of them in a recent episode of the series.
ABS-CBN said the producers had no intent to disrespect and offend the family, and that they were unaware that the contractor responsible for creating props used photos from their wedding.
The photograph being referred to is the wedding photo of Dingdong and Marian which had been modified to appear like the wedding photo of the show’s characters — and aired in the August 8 episode of the show.
The network said they will conduct further investigations to prevent a similar incident from happening again.
Similarly, last year, the show broadcasted a scene with an edited photo of the couple taken during Zia’s baptism and their child’s face wasn’t altered.
To note, the Kapuso actor wrote an open letter earlier sharing his concern over the use of their photos without consent.
He likewise said they have already forwarded their concern to the show.
“I appreciate that you found artistic inspiration from the original photos. Unfortunately, there is the inescapable consequence that legal and moral rights were violated here. And as you may very well be aware of, established industry practice is against such action as it amounts to disrespect.
“Worst of all, as a father and husband, I cannot help but feel offended and deeply hurt by such actions, which happened not just once, but twice. Basic rules of courtesy, in this case, dictate that you first secure permission from the photographer and my Family,” he said.
Here’s Dingdong’s post:
- Malinis at maluwag na Divisoria, posible pa ba? - June 22, 2019
- Angelica Panganiban, idinaan na sa socmed ang reklamo sa telco dahil sa palpak na serbisyo - June 21, 2019
- PH Army to train with Israeli forces - June 21, 2019
- DFA chief says ‘NO’ to Recto Bank joint probe with China - June 21, 2019
- PAL voted as 2019’s Most Improved Airline by Skytrax - June 19, 2019
- Facebook launches own cryptocurrency “Libra” - June 19, 2019
- Duterte downplays Recto Bank incident: A “little maritime accident” - June 18, 2019
- Throwback: A 1904 photo of flood outside Manila City Hall - June 17, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019