- Ang Probinsyano apologized for using altered Dingdong Dantes, Marian Rivera wedding photo in the show
- The producers said they are unaware that the contractor used a photo of the Kapuso celebrities
- They said they will conduct further investigations to prevent a similar incident from happening
The producers of the Kapamilya action series FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano issued an apology to actors Dingdong Dantes and Marian Rivera for using altered photos of them in a recent episode of the series.
ABS-CBN said the producers had no intent to disrespect and offend the family, and that they were unaware that the contractor responsible for creating props used photos from their wedding.
The photograph being referred to is the wedding photo of Dingdong and Marian which had been modified to appear like the wedding photo of the show’s characters — and aired in the August 8 episode of the show.
The network said they will conduct further investigations to prevent a similar incident from happening again.
Similarly, last year, the show broadcasted a scene with an edited photo of the couple taken during Zia’s baptism and their child’s face wasn’t altered.
To note, the Kapuso actor wrote an open letter earlier sharing his concern over the use of their photos without consent.
He likewise said they have already forwarded their concern to the show.
“I appreciate that you found artistic inspiration from the original photos. Unfortunately, there is the inescapable consequence that legal and moral rights were violated here. And as you may very well be aware of, established industry practice is against such action as it amounts to disrespect.
“Worst of all, as a father and husband, I cannot help but feel offended and deeply hurt by such actions, which happened not just once, but twice. Basic rules of courtesy, in this case, dictate that you first secure permission from the photographer and my Family,” he said.
Here’s Dingdong’s post:
- Payo ni Dok sa mga taong hirap sa paghinga, agad magpa-check up - March 13, 2019
- Artist who created ‘Momo’ says he has destroyed the doll - March 7, 2019
- Second HIV patient cleared of AIDS-causing virus – Reports - March 7, 2019
- Tatlo pang pinaghihinalaang nangunguha ng mga bata, iniimbestigahan - March 5, 2019
- Arestadong kidnapping suspect umaming mahigit 20 bata ang nadukot nila simula Oktubre 2018 - February 25, 2019
- Buong pamilyang Pinoy nasawi sa malagim na car accident sa California - February 25, 2019
- Karamihan sa mga Pinoy naniniwalang bumaba ang bilang ng mga drug users – SWS survey - February 20, 2019
- Lalaking walang braso gumawa ng prosthetic robotic arm gamit ang mga Lego bricks - February 13, 2019
- Pope Francis, inamin ang sekswal na pang-aabuso ng mga pari at obispo sa mga madre - February 13, 2019
- “I have put everything in God’s hands”: Miss Universe 1993 Dayanara Torres shares her skin cancer journey - February 7, 2019