She was once an OFW in Kuwait, but now she’s travelling the world!
Have you heard about a young Filipina in her 20’s, “backpacking” her way around the world on a mission to reach Antartica?
Kach Umandap is a twenty six year-old Filipina, originally from San Pablo, Laguna, who was once an OFW in Kuwait.
After completing her Economics degree in the University of the Philippines, Los Banos, her father decided to bring her to Kuwait to enroll in an internship program with the Philippine Labor Office.
It was initially a temporary visit for her, but she ended up spending the next four years working with Maidan Group in their Quality Assurance Department.
Her family is active in the Filipino community which exposed her to all of the gatherings that go along with that. Yet, despite having a successful, promising career and great social network in Kuwait, she decided to leave the country last December 2013; not to return to the Philippines, but for a more exciting and fulfilling life: a life of long-term travel!
Backpacking is not yet a common pursuit for all of us, but it’s the cheapest way to travel; staying in shared dorm hostels, hitchhiking, volunteering and crossing different borders by land transportation instead of flying!
Kach started her trip by working for a short time in Kurdistan, this fearless Filipina wasn’t afraid of life in North Iraq and still insists that the region is one of the best places in the world!
She then started her solo backpacking journey throughout South East Asia, with a daily budget of just $10 to $15 per day (400 to 600 PHP). She volunteered and worked in hostels in exchange for bed and food before meeting her travel companion and boyfriend, Jonathan, a British backpacker who left his formal life and architectural job in the UK to travel the world!
Kach and Jon have now travelled to more than 25 countries in Asia and Europe and they are now exploring South America while preparing for their trip to Antarctica in November 2015. They sustain their trips by volunteering, teaching English, teaching Yoga and even practicing the ancient art of authentic Ayurveda massage therapy! They were even a guest on TV show in Peru demonstrating the now famous Indian healing massage therapy.
She’s currently writing a book about her adventures exploring the world with a sustainable travelling lifestyle. Watch out for it!
If you want to follow Kach’s journey to become the first Filipina in her 20’s to set foot on all continents including Antarctica while backpacking, check out her website: http://twomonkeystravelgroup.com or Follow them on Social Media: Facebook, www.facebook.com/twomonkeystravel or Instagram, http://instagram.com/kach2monkeys
- An interview with Mercedes Benz designer Wini Camacho - March 3, 2015
- A Filipina Traveler on Around the World Journey -including Antarctica! - February 19, 2015
- Jessica Sanchez vs. Phillip Phillips on the American Idol Finals! - May 17, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez will be Successful Regardless - May 17, 2012
- 5 Reasons Why Jessica Sanchez Will Win American Idol Season 11 - May 11, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez is in the Top Three on American Idol! - May 10, 2012
- Jennifer Holliday: “Jessica Sanchez should be our next American Idol” - May 10, 2012
- “You Are So Beautiful” — Jessica Sanchez (Top 4!) - May 2, 2012
- Get Up and Vote for Jessica Sanchez on American Idol - April 25, 2012
- Jessica Sanchez is on the Top 6 of American Idol - April 19, 2012