my mom is not a cook but she really cooks good food!!
my mom made this during a celebration at our place… (i think its during the graduation of my brother… 😀 )
why called adidas?
Another common philippine street food is the coined name “adidas” or chicken feet. It is named as adidas because the chicken feet is three fingered and the popular sports wear trademark is three stripes. So, in Tagalog colloquial word, adidas would mean the chicken feet.
1 kilo chicken feet
1 big onion diced
1 medium ginger peeled and chopped
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 pcs. bay leaf
black pepper to taste
red chili pepper(optional)
1. wash chicken feet thoroughly. Drain.
2. chop off the nails
3. place chicken feet, garlic, onion, ginger, soy sauce, water, sugar, and bay leaves in a pot
4. bring to boil and lessen heat
5. simmer for 40 minutes to an hour or until the chicken feet is tender
add water and sugar according to taste
6. add red chili pepper and cook until sauce thickens
*serve as finger food or serve it with hot rice as main dish… 😀