An article reads, “Couples should spend money on travelling more than on buying material things.” I concur to this because for me, travelling allows partners to spend more quality time. It helps deepen the love and understanding and it brings enjoyable recollections that both can share through time.
Christian (my fiancé) and I, have that strong desire to travel. We find trying new activities and going to unfamiliar places, exciting. We want to make beautiful memories together through travelling. And here are our top five (5) memorable destinations in our country.
1. Canyon Cove, Batangas. Because we wanted to simply relax and unwind from the hustle and bustle of the city, we chose to stay at this clubhouse situated within Nasugbu, Batangas. The place is beautiful and not crowded, plus they have great accommodations and amenities. Its cozy ambience gave us the time to talk about life individually and as partners that built our connection.
2. Hundred Islands, Pangasinan. This island which is listed as one of our country’s seven (7) wonders definitely deserved its place. We went here with my fiancé’s sister and her boyfriend (now husband) so it made our vacation more exciting; not to mention that it’s one of my childhood dream destinations. We enjoyed doing a lot of water activities such as island hopping, snorkeling and cliff diving, which allowed Christian and I to be more comfortable in having each other around.
3. Cebu. We visited Eden Resort, Santander which is located at the south tip of Cebu. The place is very tranquil because of the surrounding blue sea and white sand beach. Named as the Queen City of the South, Cebu certainly reigned because of its beauty. At the city we ate the famous lechon cebu, chorizo, dried mangoes and otap to name a few. As our first time travelling together outside Luzon, this trip made us realize that we’re always better when we are together.
4. Mt. Batulao. For a more adventurous travel, we tried a mountain climbing activity. Batangas’ Mt. Batulao which is at 2,677 ft. in elevation and about 21 km is best for beginners like us. The whole journey has been emotionally and physically exhausting which definitely tested our trust and patience for each other. But after we’ve reached the summit, it made everything worthwhile.
5. Fortune Island. It was on our pre-nuptial shoot when we visited Fortune Island which took us an hour boat travel from Nasugbu, Batangas. The place is so dreamy and a part of it (with pillars) seemed to have taken us to a different part of the world. The island is surrounded by clean, fresh waters and white sands and is also a famous diving spot because it’s surrounded by an open sea. This experience brought our love into a new level. A profound love that we will hold on to as we face life together.
Our next travel will be after we’ve exchanged our vows and changed my surname to his. We’ve been dreaming of travelling to Coron, Samal Island, Bellarocca or outside of the country. By that time, we’ll figure out how we’ll let our relationship last a lifetime.
Now, make plans for the next travel with your partner. Allow yourselves to rediscover one another and don’t forget to have fun!
- Travelling Partners - October 26, 2014
- Finding the Best Team and Location for your Pre-nuptial Shoot - October 19, 2014