I may not be a Bicolano, I may not be part of her constituency, but as a Filipino, I would like to give a big big Thank You to Rep. Leni Robredo.
Last Monday during the 6th State of the Nation Address of President Benigno S. Aquino III, many politicians showed off their most beautiful Filipiniana dress and Barong Tagalogs in the annual SONA Red Carpet event. For many spectators, SONA in the past years has become our country’s version of the American OSCARS. Different colors, different styles, tailored by different well known and up and coming Filipino designers have been sashayed at the Red Carpet leading to the Batasan where PNoy will deliver his last SONA, but one representative was caught on cam not on the red carpet but on a backdoor going inside Batasan.
Camarines Sur Rep. Leni Robredo, the widow of former DILG Sec. Jessie Robredo shuns the red carpet tradition to evade limelight and the scrutinizing eyes of the media and the people who will then watch it. Unknown to many, Rep. Robredo has been doing that move every SONA ever since she became congresswoman. But this is the first time that she was caught by a photo journalist which became viral on social media. The photo earned praises from many netizens, which should be moot, because that’s very rare for a politician to escape a moment where you can flaunt yourself in front of the camera watch by the whole country. And in this country where almost every politician are hungry for media mileage, that humble act by Rep. Robredo is something that should be celebrated and remarked.
Aside from her latest viral photo, Rep. Robredo has also figured on social media before when she was caught waiting for a bus in EDSA bound for Bicol. A picture very far from the usual politicians we see in their luxury cars with full security. And that clearly shows the character of this remarkable woman and public servant.
Thank You Rep. Leni for showing us the true conduct of a true public servant.
Thank You Rep. Leni for showing us that real public servant though rare still exist in our society.
- The 33 hour test - July 11, 2016
- Our Journey That Starts with Two Red Lines - November 25, 2015
- The Pain of Betrayal. Why, Sen. Miriam? - October 20, 2015
- 6 Indications Grace Poe is Running for President - September 14, 2015
- 10 Most Significant Quotes from Ninoy Aquino - August 21, 2015
- Arabela, a delighful escape from the Metro - August 12, 2015
- Thank You, Rep. Leni Robredo - July 30, 2015
- Animus Revertendi - June 8, 2015
- Things you must do during Pahiyas Festival visit - May 20, 2015
- The Many Faces of Paolo Ballesteros - October 25, 2014