What is a Father? “Anyone can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a daddy.” – Anonymous
This much is true. And when you have a Dad and not just a father, you have so much to be thankful for!
Love is not celebrated only once a year but a special day of celebration is held to bring to the forefront our dear ones.
Like Father’s Day!
And if you have a wonderful father like I do, you will want to express that love.
Thank you for shaping my life,
Thank you for teaching me all you can,
You are no ordinary man,
You make me everything I am.
Thank you for taking the time,
Thank you for showing me the way,
And thank you for being there when I need you,
Thank you for every single day.
Now I’ve been blessed with kids of my own,
Got my own bedtime stories to tell,
If I can raise them half as well as you raised us,
Guess I’ll be doing pretty well.
Thank you for your guiding hand,
Thank you for making my dreams come true,
You’re an extraordinary man,
And I hope you’re as proud of me
As I am proud of you.
Thank you for giving me life,
Thank you for showing me good from bad.
I guess I’m only really trying to say,
Thank you for being my Dad.
Even though the years drift away,
I never took the time just to say,
‘I love you, and I always have,
And thank you for being my Dad.’
‘Thank you for being my Dad.’
[Lyrics by Jon Barker, edited to suit me and my dad]
- A Shepherd’s Pain in the Heart - February 21, 2018
- “Mabuti ka pa” - January 18, 2018
- To give or not to give — That is the question! - December 28, 2017
- #SimpleWishesChallenge: Let kindness become viral! - December 16, 2017
- DF Iskolar Marie: “Simple Wishes” - December 15, 2017
- Hospital (Ar)Rest? The day my kids realized their Mom is no “Wonderwoman” - December 13, 2017
- DF Iskolar Yuna: “Huwag sayangin ang pagkakataon na ibinibigay sa atin” - December 8, 2017
- Did I miss the Tamagotchi? No, I didn’t. Yes, I did. I might have. ^_^ - November 28, 2017
- #CookingGoals: Dahil paborito ko ang Super Crispy Lechon Kawali - November 12, 2017
- “Sometimes you just have to pick yourself up and carry on” - October 9, 2017