This entry was orignally posted at The Heliopaths Travel Log.
After our whale shark interaction and tons of selfies, we boarded our boat and headed to Sumilon Island. The island is a 24-hectare (59-acre) coral island off the coast of Bancogon, Oslob, Cebu and is only a 15 minute boat ride from the resort that offered whale shark interaction (Better if you swim with the whale shark first before going to Sumilon Island as the whale shark are only present until midday).
I gotta say, the island was very beautiful. Fine white sand, turquoise blue water and great under water scenery, this island has everything. It’s a shame that the boats are anchored along the sand bar as it ruins the beauty of it. The tide was already high when we went there but nonetheless, we had an amazing time there.
It would’ve been nice to stay there for a couple more hours but we had to leave otherwise our van rental would’ve cost us a fortune (it still did). We soon said goodbye to the beautiful town of Oslob and said hello to the Coral Reef Haven of Moal Boal where we experienced our first breath under water. We stayed in a little but cozy transient house which is not far from the beach. All of us were tired after a long fun filled day so we went to bed as soon as we finished socials.
P147 – boat to Sumilon Island (P2,500 for 17)
P50 – entrance Sumilon Island (P50 each)
P3500 – Delgado’s beach house (10 persons max. If it exceeds 10 people, you have to pay an additional P200 per head.)
- Powder Fine Sand and Sun Kissed Skin | Sumilon Island, Cebu - October 31, 2015
- Smiles and Miles Away | Talikud Island, Island Garden City of Samal, Davao - October 30, 2015
- Sharks Are Not All Bad | Oslob, Cebu - June 16, 2015
- Monkey Bridge | Mt. Manalmon - May 30, 2015
- Camaraderie | Mt. Maranat - April 28, 2015
- A Walk Down Memory Lane | Sierra Madre Mountain Range - April 19, 2015
- Back Packing Tips | More Travel More fun - April 12, 2015
- A Kick Up the Backside | Mt. Daguldol - April 10, 2015
- The Islands of Caramoan - April 8, 2015