In an upset split decision, Bradley was awarded the victory. Pacquiao’s WBO Welterweight title was awarded to Bradley, after the two judges, CJ Ross and Duane Ford, scored it for Bradley 115-113 and the third judge, Jerry Roth awarded the match to Pacquiao 115-113. A split decision. Bradley remains undefeated, his record now 29-0 and 12 KOs. Pacquiao meanwhile suffered his fourth loss, with a record of 54-4-2.
Those who were in attendance at the MGM Grand Arena booed as announcer Max Kellerman interviewed the two fighters after the match.
The decision came as a surprise since Pacquiao had the edge in punches, landing 253, almost 100 more of the 159 Bradley landed. Pacquiao also landed 190 power punches, which seemed overwhelming to Bradley’s 108.
Almost everyone keeping a scorecard scored the fight in favor of Pacquiao. However, the judges, in what could be the biggest upset in recent boxing history, seemed like they were watching a completely different fight.
Even Top Rank head man Bob Arum came to the media booth and said that he had the fight 10 rounds to two in favor of Pacquiao. “We’ll make a lot of money on the rematch, but this is (expletive) nuts. People don’t even know what they’re watching. They’re trying to kill boxing,” exclaimed Arum.
Even Cameron Dunkin, Bradley’s manager had it 8 to 4, for Pacquiao. This is Bradley’s MANAGER.
Pacquiao said on his after fight interview: “I did my best tonight, but my best wasn’t good enough. “Tonight, he never hurt me. I don’t know what happened.” Pacquiao stated further that he would not have a problem agreeing to a rematch.
Bradley, who earned the biggest payday of his career at $5 million, entered the fight undefeated at 28-0 with 12 KOs.
Pacquiao was guaranteed $26 million.
This is an upset that reverberates through all of boxing and no doubt throughout the Philippines. This will be talked about for a very, very long time. The bitter taste will linger, but this writer has no doubt Pacquiao will get up and fight to regain the title.
Meanwhile, I believe he should do away with the distractions that has plaqued his boxing career these recent years. To win back the title, his next fight will need to be one that is dominating and convincing. After all, the tables have turned and he is the one who will need to prove himself.
- Extra Nice Pag Libre! - October 18, 2016
- Reklamo ng Maraming OFW Duterte Supporters…HINDI SILA NAKABOTO!!! - May 14, 2016
- Education is More Precious than Gold - November 7, 2013
- Aquino’s Speech Re: Pork Barrel on October 30, 2013 (Filipino Translation) - October 31, 2013
- The Napoles Story: So the entire Philippines will know - August 23, 2013
- SCAM ALERT: Relative or Friend in Distress - June 26, 2013
- BMO Bank of Montreal® nag-aalok ng Western Union Money Transfer®* Transactions via the Interac e-Transfer™ Platform - May 8, 2013
- What to do: Flood Preparedness & Evacuation - August 8, 2012
- Flood Safety Tips to Protect Your Home & Family - August 6, 2012
- Announcements Regarding Dolphy’s Funeral Services - July 10, 2012