Top Rank Entertainment has confirmed that 16-year-old Sanchez will sing the “Star-Spangled Banner” in the megafight.
Announcing through her Twitter account, Sanchez shared her excitement to perform in the most-awaited event. “Singing the American National anthem in the Pacquiao fight this Sat. in Vegas! I’m sooooooooo ecstatic!! : ),” she tweeted.
In the past interviews with Pacquiao, he had mentioned that he would like Sanchez to sing in one of his future fights. Sanchez, on the other hand, had expressed that it’d be an accolade to be in one of the matches of the Filipino boxing celebrity.
Meanwhile, 14-year-old Kirby Asunto was handpicked by Pacquiao to sing the Philippine national anthem. Asunto will be wearing a robe made by world famous Filipino designer Oliver Tolentino.
On his blog, ESPN boxing writer Dan Rafael said Sanchez will be singing at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Vegas. Sanchez and Asunto will be performing before a live audience of over sixteen thousand, apart from the millions worldwide who will be viewing the match thru pay-per-view, primarily based on estimates of the boxing site Phil Boxing.
- Reklamo ng Maraming OFW Duterte Supporters…HINDI SILA NAKABOTO!!! - May 14, 2016
- Education is More Precious than Gold - November 7, 2013
- Aquino’s Speech Re: Pork Barrel on October 30, 2013 (Filipino Translation) - October 31, 2013
- The Napoles Story: So the entire Philippines will know - August 23, 2013
- SCAM ALERT: Relative or Friend in Distress - June 26, 2013
- BMO Bank of Montreal® nag-aalok ng Western Union Money Transfer®* Transactions via the Interac e-Transfer™ Platform - May 8, 2013
- What to do: Flood Preparedness & Evacuation - August 8, 2012
- Flood Safety Tips to Protect Your Home & Family - August 6, 2012
- Announcements Regarding Dolphy’s Funeral Services - July 10, 2012
- Pacquiao Loses on Controversial Split Decision - June 10, 2012