For a very long time, i have this dream and a concept of holding a very compelling parade that is uniquely Filipino.
First of all, it will become a showcase of who we are (as what we have been doing and witnessing every time a disaster strikes or a neighbor needs our help).
It will be highly visual (as what has been practiced all over the Philippines for hundreds of years).
It is going to be a reminder to the young Filipinos (and yes, many oldies) of what we, as a nation has been practicing as members of our communities.
So, try to imagine a parade not of floats, giant baloons nor showbiz people and politicians. But of volunteers who carry houses on their shoulders. Of a proud culture that is wired in many Filipinos. It will be very festive, compelling, and bewildering!
I think its an event that has long been overdue.
Share this, maybe even convince the leaders you know to take this on.
I made a simple powerpoint presentation in this LINK (my personal blogsite).
- Java Jazz in Tagaytay - October 6, 2013
- Vote for the Top 10 Emerging Destinations! - August 8, 2013
- Why Men Should Envy Solo Women Travelers - June 3, 2013
- Useless Things You Should Know About the Filipinos - April 9, 2013
- Apl.de.ap and Jessica video! - October 19, 2012
- PHL 360 - June 11, 2012
- Independence Day and Animated Videos - June 11, 2012
- Staycationing is a Great Travel Alternative – Our stay in Acacia Hotel in Alabang - May 18, 2012
- Don’t Date a Boy Who Travels - May 17, 2012
- Bayanihan Parade – Sana Magkatotoo - January 22, 2012