- Happy Anniversary sa DFBI - April 30, 2014
- Ang Midnight Writer at Ako - March 10, 2014
- Accident. Coincidence. Déjà vu. Destiny. - December 15, 2013
- Top Universities Consider Moving School Opening to August; What’s Your Opinion? - December 13, 2013
- An Open Letter To Devina DeDiva - October 1, 2013
- A Filipina Rules The World: Megan Young Is Miss World 2013 - September 28, 2013
- On Waitng And Waiting And Waiting (Hanggang Kailan?) - September 28, 2013
- She - September 10, 2013
- Mga Lumang Pahina - September 10, 2013
- Sisters - September 6, 2013
In the recently concluded Miss World 2013 competition, Megan Young, the representative of our beloved country bested the rest of the contestants and was crowned as Miss World 2013.
Megan is one of the strongest contenders earlier in during the competition. She ranked first during the Supermodel Challenge. She ranked fifth in the Beach Fashion Challenge. She is one of the favorites of international beauty pageant experts to win the crown, so to speak.
Though a lot of people had been rooting for her to win, especially our countrymen, she also encountered bashers and was even rumored to be possibly disqualified from the competition. Yet this young lady proved her bashers wrong when she finally stepped upon that stage in Bali, Indonesia during the final round.
She showed everyone watching and the whole world that she is not just another pretty face blessed with a great body who can walk gracefully on and off-stage but that she has wit and heart as well, the ideal beauty queen.
This is her answer during the Question and Answer Portion when she was asked, “Why should you be Miss World?” And I quote, “I treasure a core value of humanity and that guides people why they act the way they do. I will use this to show other people how they can understand each other. As one, we can help society”. And with this witty answer, the Filipinos became more confident that our bet will definitely bring home the crown.
True enough, Miss Megan Young had been crowned as Miss World 2013, the first ever in the history of our country. The closest we had gone so far during this pageant was during the time of Miss Evangeline Pascual in the 1973 Miss World Competition where she became first runner-up.
Congratulations, Miss Megan Young!