How to Write an Article in 10 Minutes
Are you are a terrible typist? Or does it take you forever to write an article?
Well, we’ve all been there, I mean we all are. I will not learn how to speed up my writing if I haven’t struggled before. If you ghostwrite for internet marketers or simply want to make money online, this might help. If you are beating the deadline for your school’s journal because you intently forgot, maybe this could help. But if you are writing an article on the concerns about divorce and RH bill discussions, am sorry, this is not for you.
The duration of 10 minutes is not enough for such subjects. I wrote “Why the Philippines Sex Education” and tell you it took me 30 days to finish it, so to speak. I don’t want to baffle you with the formula; I bring you a 1-2-3 approach. Unless you are writing a Pulitzer Prizewinning dissertation.
I realized that writing a high quality 400 word article in 10 minutes is something wickedly cool that most people have a hard time to acquire. In this article we will look at how you can write an article quickly. To begin, your article has to be short, yet interesting.
- Empty your cup– it relaxes your brain. Close your eyes. Think nothing. Do nothing.
- Tick the clock– set your timer for 10 minutes.
- Frame work– the best way to write your article is to lay down the STEPS, the title, the first and last paragraph. Shorten your paragraphs; yet snappy and strong.
- Go straight to your message– once you had laid down the key points you can now start writing the first paragraph. The first paragraph should tell the readers what to expect. This is why we write the main body first.
- Sip a coffee or tea and go out puff your cigar– we commonly suffer from writer’s block. We have the idea, but the words wouldn’t come out so you’re just there, staring at the blinking cursor forever like an idiot. Leave it for a while and breathe some fresh air for just 2 minute then go back.
- Lurk in your convergence zone– it is crucial for you to stay in a comfy place, it helps you to dig out the words. Look for a place conducive to productivity. I sometimes stay in my room, light is turned off, sit in my apartment’s facade and go to my favorite coffee shop. I don’t go to Starbucks, heck it’s too expensive. You can even stay in toilets, yeah I do that, anywhere free from distractions.
- Paragraph is not a sentence- paragraph has:1) A topic sentence, 2) At least two sentences that support the topic sentence, it can have more (it is easier than you think, 3)and a concluding sentence. The secret to writing an article is to start with the main body and afterwards write the first and last paragraphs.
- Finally, write the concluding paragraph- use this to sum up what you’ve written. Also, use it to lead the reader into the resource box. Don’t give too much information; make them go to your personal blog.
- Courtesy– It is important to give credits to your sources.
THE 14 KEY POINTS [either long or short story]
Keep on writing; don’t stop. Don’t edit errors if you’re not done yet, instinct tells you what to do. We have different genres in writing. The best way to convey a simple message in an extraordinary story is to be sincere in your own context. Make your readers read and re-read your stories.
- If you want to write a romance, you must feel how is it to love and be loved.
- Be inspired if you are sharing an inspiring one; hence realistic at the same time.
- If you are blogging a funny story, then laugh out loud coz you’re so damn hilarious.
- If you are writing a fictional story,you have to be very creative and forward, do not use clichéd dialogues ’cause it’s totally disgusting.
- If your niche is an investigative journalism, you have to be very resourceful and can present concrete evidences.
- If you are writing a sad story, cry a little.
- If you are writing a story of misery, try to feel the pain.
- If you are stating a fact, your information has to be very accurate.
- Make it comprehensive if you are writing a commentary and look at both sides of the story.
- If you are writing an opinion, expect a bunch of criticisms.
- Don’t write if you are angry. However, rant is an exemption.
- But remember, words are powerful. We, writers (both professionals and beginners), are responsible to our readers reactions.
- Listen to your readers, but stick to your words.
- Don’t disregard feed backs, it’s our food. And what counts most, is to be yourself and do not pretend to be anybody else. You are unique in your own artistic ways. If you think you can really rock ’n roll, then you must learn how move like a jagger .-See what I mean.
I know you want many more tips so why not visit my personal blog hit this link http://steffanoperales.wordpress.com/
- How to Write an Article in 10 Minutes - July 13, 2013
- The Beautiful Criminal –Action series (Prologue) - December 12, 2012
- The Beautiful Criminal [Action Series] Chapter 1 - November 27, 2012
- The Steffano Perales Interview - October 23, 2012
- Ways On How Young Parents Can Raise Their Children - September 14, 2012
- The Chagrin of the MMDA Officer, and the Furious Motorist - August 16, 2012
- Ang Unang Pangingibang Bansa ng Ate Ko - August 16, 2012
- Mga Bro, Ermat Ko nga pala…. - August 7, 2012
- Hindi Kumpleto ang Tropa, Kapag Walang Tangang Kasama. - August 6, 2012
- The High Definition (Full HDD) - July 30, 2012