I‘m growing tired and weary of being sad and blue
Most days I just think of putting an end to this life full of woe.
I‘m not even sure if I’d manage to pull through this crisis.
Rivers of tears I have shed may well be enough to fill an arid land
Endless rivulets continue to flow each time I turn off the nightstand.
Did you ever feel this tired and weary,
“Feels like I’m getting old before my time.”
In my lifetime, I tried my best to be good
Visualized all life’s offerings in a positive mood.
I implored His guidance in everything I do
Never to let obstacles stop me from getting to my Xanadu.
God gave me all I needed in my quest for joy and contentment
Years of dreaming and persevering have just all gone wasted.
I only wanted to be happy, I think everyone wants to be.
Forgive me for saying this, but I guess you bruised me so
Ending all my hopes and aspirations with a very hard blow.
I myself felt the same and it didn’t go fleeting.
Knocking me down so often that I ended up this broken. But I’m
Enduring all the pains and just trying to be strong and hardbitten.
Hope when I look back I’d see a glint of my past that’s gone good.
In the end, with my head up high, I could say then:
“Screw you, LIFE! You still didn’t have me beaten!”
(The beginning letters of each phrase makes up he title.)
- A Hug From a Beautiful Stranger - November 6, 2015
- Breathe Hope for Rowela - March 17, 2015
- Trials and Tribulations - July 26, 2014
- Mothers Are Everywhere - May 10, 2014
- My Greatest Possession - July 27, 2013
- I’ll Keep On Loving You - June 20, 2013
- Is It Really Goodbye? - March 24, 2013
- I Still Believe That Love Conquers All - March 24, 2013
- A Message To My Children - March 23, 2013
- When I’m Old and Grey - March 23, 2013