Filipino Photographer Exhibits Again in London
“I am very pleased to have one of my entries selected for exhibition. It is not only my achievement but that of the Filipino Community as well.” said Duque who is a full-time nurse and also the co-founder of the Filipino Camera Club in the UK (www.filsnaps.com).
Together with the other winning entries, Duque’s winning photo will be displayed at Verve Arts Gallery from May – September 2012.
Filipino Photographer Exhibits at Verve Arts
For the second-time, Filipino hobbyist photographer Michael Duque has again been selected by a committee of professional photographers for his unique perception of the South-East London Green Chain walk for a 5-month long photo exhibit.
In coordination with the Royal Borough of Greenwich, Verve Arts have selected 30 of the best photos for exhibit from a massive 155 entries. The South- East London Photographic exhibit centres on the theme of the Green Chain Walk which encourages the public to learn, explore and appreciate the Green Chain walks in and around the whole of London.
The Green Chain 2012 Photo Exhibit is a photographic exhibitionof various photo subjects taken along the Green Chain Walk. A stunning exhibition of the resulting photographs will be on display in Verve Arts Gallery at the Queen Elizabeth NHS. Verve Arts Manager Jeanie McNulty says “We are delighted at the response – the quality of the photographs really represents the talents of Greenwich people. The Green Chain Captured exhibition celebrates local creativity and encourages the use of fantastic local amenities such as the Green Chain, whilst promoting walking as a healthy lifestyle option.”
A photo-hobbyist on his spare time, Michael Duque’s entry entitled “Abandoned Castle” is a portrayal of Severndroog Castle found at the Oxleas Wood segment of the Green Chain walk. This year’s entry is the second time for Duque’s photos to be selected by an independent committee of professional Photographers employed by Verve Arts Gallery. He first exhibited with Elixir Arts Gallery in August 2010 where his winning entry was part of a 35-photo exhibit which went around the whole of South-East London. The exhibit toured the various hospitals within the South London Healthcare NHS Trust hospitals in Sidcup and Bromley and the rest of South-East London. It is estimated that around 20,000 people saw the exhibition.
- Changes in UK Remittance Will Affect Thousands of Filipinos - August 4, 2013
- Netiquettes For the Netizens - July 26, 2013
- Dwarf Island: A Ghost Story in the South - October 29, 2012
- Possessed by a Fairy - October 13, 2012
- Ang Bugaw, Ang PokPok at Ako - September 30, 2012
- The UK Will Soon Re-recruit Overseas Trained Nurses - September 3, 2012
- UK’s Newest Top Fashion Designer: Jasper Garvida - August 26, 2012
- Filipino Ambassadors for Peace in the UK - August 21, 2012
- Pilipinas, Gumising Ka Sa Gitna Ng Baha - August 14, 2012
- Filipino Photographer Exhibits Again in London - August 5, 2012