Do Filipinos Truly Value Their Freedom?? Does Patriotism Still Matter To The Filipino Leaders and Citizens??
Patriotism nowadays means little more than an emotional connection to one’s country of origin. A true patriot loves his country, given the fact that he will work to change it or point out what’s going wrong with his country. Most patriots wish to change the government to run the way the constitution describes it should.
A real patriot is someone who loves their country sufficiently enough to speak up when they see something that needs to be changed; not someone who blindly take for granted that their government knows best and is always right no matter what they say or what they do. It’s someone who is devoted, not to government themselves, but to good government,
The true patriot is the one who understands that the supreme duty of government as envisioned by our Founding Fathers is to defend the Constitution and to oppose all enactments that violate the supreme law of the land.
True patriotism is to know the concept of freedom, and both living it and educate others. It is not blind support for bad behavior of any politician!
Dedicated to my Dear and Beloved Country Philippines. I am so happy to share my self-composed patriotic poem I created
O My Motherland – Philippines!
You’re a beautiful country with breathtaking views in the horizon
With clean crystal blue sea, small stone, peaceful white sandy beaches and untouched nature
A vast repository of natural resources and an astounding history culture
Patriotism was the honorable and brave spirit of our forefathers
They fought, bled and died
We must never forget those who sacrificed for the greater good of our motherland
This is our country, our land and our freedom
Now the years have passed, I see the condition of my motherland
There so much pain and suffering
Darkness cries, and watered night with tears in Her eyes
Just think of all the tears lost
And nobody seems to care
Something good might just emerge out from the unbearable condition
At the end of the line
To save those she loves
And those with Beautiful Heart such Humble, Kind, Generous and Sensitive Soul!
- We Filipinos Are Very Much Becoming an Uncivilized Society! - June 5, 2015
- The Philippines Heading To a Total Disaster! Poor Government Leadership is the Biggest Worry Facing Filipinos! - March 3, 2015
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 17 – Based on a True Love Story!) - December 28, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 16 – Based on a True Love Story!) - November 26, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 15 – Based on a True Love Story!) - November 8, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 14 – Based on a True Love Story!) - October 17, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 13 – Based on a True Love Story!) - October 1, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 12 – Based on a True Love Story!) - September 14, 2014
- A Girl Named Rebecca (Part 11 – Based on a True Love Story!) - August 27, 2014
- Natural disasters make life even worse for the Filipino people. A long overdue wake-up call to make changes! - August 12, 2014