- Philippine Election 2016: An Exercise in Futility - October 23, 2015
- Yes, Atty. Saguisag, I am watching Pacquiao fights Mayweather - April 22, 2015
- Nonsense News XXI: Interview Interruptus - December 20, 2014
- Nonsense News XX: NBP, an exclusive luxury resort - December 18, 2014
- America: Land of the free and the home of the brave - November 27, 2014
- Pacquiao on the JFK Question - September 7, 2014
- Nonsense News XIX: Much ado about Aquino - August 23, 2014
- Nonsense News XVIII: Insanity in short - August 18, 2014
- Nonsense News XVII: Aquino, Aquino pa rin! - August 9, 2014
- Nonsense News XVI: The Divisiveness of Yellow - August 4, 2014
USA (Photo Credit Uuca.org)
USA is not just a country nor a conglomeration of people from all over the world. America is a way of life.
Like the pioneers of long ago, the spirit and attitude of trailblazing endures. America is not for the crybabies and the do-nothing complainers. Neither is it for the lazy, the “tambay’s”, the rudderless, the kibitzers, the tyrants and the corrupt.
It is not for those who want something for nothing, for those who needed “connections” to succeed. It is not for those who have everything to lose and nothing to gain but for those who have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
America is not for the xenophobes, the racists, the zealots, the intolerant, the influence peddlers and the entitled. America requires one to prove oneself regardless of where one came from.
True, one’s credit and reputation are given more weight than actual cash, reason is, cash will disappear, credit and reputation endures.
True, most that Americans enjoy are borrowed: house, cars, vacation. In a short life, must one wait until the sunset years to enjoy the fruit of one’s labor?
True, it is not the job, but the dignity of labor that brings in the food and pays the bills.
True, you can either be enslaved by the system or take advantage of it.
True, those who can not hack it can always go back.
True, most of those who are given a chance to immigrate still choose USA over any other country.
True, only in America can a Warren Buffet, a Bill Gates, a Jack Kent Cooke, an Oprah Winfrey, a Barack Obamacan happen.
True, politicians like Blagojevich, Rostenkowski, Nixonare never above the law.
True, it is not a perfect union, but Americans never stop trying.
True, with all its faults, weaknesses and vulnerabilities, America remains the “land of the free and the home of the brave.”
You may also like these articles: