Superstar Whitney Houston Dies at 48
Whitney Houston, the majestic singer who once ruled an unforgettable period in pop music history was found dead on Saturday. She was only 48.
Houston’s publicist, Kristen Foster, said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unknown.
Beverly Hills police Lt. Mark Rosen told reporters outside the Beverly Hilton that Houston was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m. in her room on the fourth floor of the hotel. Her body remained there and Beverly Hills detectives were investigating.
News of Houston’s death came on the eve of music’s biggest night — the Grammy Awards. It’s a showcase where she once reigned, and her death was sure to cast a heavy pall on Sunday’s ceremony. Houston’s longtime mentor Clive Davis was to hold his annual concert and dinner Saturday; it was unclear if it was going to go forward.
At her peak, Houston the golden girl of the music industry. From the middle 1980s to the late 1990s, she was one of the world’s best-selling artists. She wowed audiences with effortless, powerful and peerless vocals that were rooted in the black church but made palatable to the masses with a pop sheen.
Whitney Houston songs like “I Will Always Love You” and “I Have Nothing” have been immortalized by several aspiring singers around the world and have become a favorite song piece for Filipino singers joining local singing contests.
Source: Yahoo News
- Top 12 Surprising Filipino Inventions You Might Want To Know - September 9, 2013
- Filipino Passengers of “Titanic”: Fact or Fiction? - February 19, 2012
- Superstar Whitney Houston Dies at 48 - February 11, 2012
- Top 10 Unforgettable “Other Woman” Quotes From Filipino Movies - February 10, 2012
- 8 Most Shocking “Crimes of Passion” in Philippine History - February 7, 2012
- Top 10 Most Memorable Lines From Pinoy TV Commercials - January 29, 2012
- Top 20 Most Unforgettable Pinoy Movie Titles Ever! - January 28, 2012
- Top 20 Craziest Pinoy Tabloid Headlines Ever! - January 27, 2012
- Top 10 Unforgettable Romantic Movie Lines (Pinoy Version) - January 24, 2012
- The Peso Chronicles (Part 6): Secret Stories Behind the New 1000 Peso Bill - January 18, 2012