Beauty Queens Launch Swimwear Company!
Oh no! Still sloshing around in last year’s swimsuit? Two Filipina beauty queens have come to your rescue!
Bb. Pilipinas World 2007 Maggie Wilson and Miss Earth Philippines 2009 Sandra Seifert have joined forces to put up Solara Swimwear, an online store for women looking for the latest in swimwear. The two beauty queens got the idea during a barbecue party at a friend’s home. Since Maggie Wilson and Sandra Seifert love swimsuits and can live in bikinis everyday if they had to, designing them for a living was a no-brainer. Maggie adds that her brand-new hubby Victor Consunji (yep, the handsome construction scion) doesn’t like the idea of her coming home late from modelling jobs. So putting up her own fashion business was the perfect solution – she can still model AND be in control of her time.
Voila… Solara Swimwear was born.
The name Solara, which is the Spanish word for SUN, was Maggie Wilson’s idea – I think it sounds classy and is a perfect name for a swimwear brand made in the Philippines, the land of the rising sun… ahh… I can feel the heat coming on… as well as the urge to buy myself a SEXY BIKINI!
Although Maggie Wilson and Sandra Seifert don’t have a store yet, you can order a Solara creation online right here. Swimsuits from the Basics Collection (which is the first set of swimsuit designs) range from $60 to $77 (that’s roughly P2,500 – P3,300 if we peg the peso at around 43). The Basics Collection features basic solid colors that you can mix and match.
Aside from selling online, the beauty queens will have occassional Trunk Shows in different cafes so swimsuit freaks can try out their different designs. The Trunk Show ABQ went to was held at Chocolate Fire on Herrera St. in Makati. Unfortunately, Sandra Seifert was in Europe at the time so ABQ only got to chat with Maggie… anyhoo, check out Solara’s site for announcements on upcoming events.
So far, it looks like the beauty queen tandem is basking in the heat of early success – in the first week of online sales, they were able to get over 50 swimwear orders! Maggie Wilson says part of the earnings from the Solara Basics Collection will be donated to Child House, the half-way home for children with cancer etc. that I did a project with last Christmas. Click here to check it out. Maggie adds that each swimsuit collection will have a special beneficiary.
WOW! Nice to know that former beauty queens still find ways to include charitable works in the things they do… I am SO INSPIRED! I am SO PERSPIRING too in the heat of this year’s summer! Now if I could just perspire these pounds off to fit into a sexy Solara Swimsuit…. hmmmm… maybe next year nalang, ahaahahaha!
- French Filipina Gwendolyn Ruais wins Miss World Philippines 2011! - September 19, 2011
- Beauty Queen Feature: Shamcey Supsup, Bb. Pilipinas Universe 2011 - July 24, 2011
- Beauty Queen Feature: Angelee Claudett delos Reyes, Slimmer’s World Miss Bikini Philippines 2011 - July 3, 2011
- 3 Cool Make-up Tips from Pro Make-Up Artist Ibay Litonjua - June 14, 2011
- Casiguran Lass Athena Imperial WINS Miss Philippines Earth 2011! - June 5, 2011
- Meet Ford Supermodel of the World Philippines 2011 Samantha Gomez! - May 24, 2011
- Join the Search for the Next Miss World Philippines!!! - May 21, 2011
- 14 Year-Old Samantha Gomez is Supermodel Philippines 2011 - May 15, 2011
- Beauty Queens Launch Swimwear Company! - May 9, 2011
- Bb. Pilipinas Universe 2011 is Shamcey Supsup of GenSan!!! - April 10, 2011