Surprising Top 10 Philippines Attractions the World Googles
Google is a search engine. We know that. But Google also provides tools that can track the number of people who visit a site, and show us exactly what people are searching for. The Philippines is certainly searchable. So we’ve compiled the top 10 places in the Philippines that Google users around the world have been typing in and searching. Here are some of the surprising things we learned from Google.
10. MegaMall – Surprisingly, MegaMall lands the number 10 spot. But considering the Philippine mall culture, turns out not surprising at all. While MegaMall left its reputation as the largest mall in Asia back in the 90s, today it still is able to hold its own, even just as the third largest shopping mall in the country and seventh largest shopping mall in the world. No wonder it landed as the number 10 attraction searched about in the Philippines.
9. Mall of Asia – Another member of the SM chain of malls, Mall of Asia is the second largest mall in the country, and fourth largest in the world. Its main attractions include the very first IMAX theatre in the Philippines, an Olympic-sized ice skating rink, bowling alleys, and movie theaters, and even office spaces and a panoramic bay side view. The mall attracts 200,000 people every day, and still has plans for future expansion.
8. Rizal Park – This park in Manila is shaped like a small moon or a lunette, and was thus named Luneta. Luneta has been the site of some significant moments in Philippine history, among which are political rallies of Ferdinand Marcos and Corazon Aquino in 1986, the Declaration of Philippine Independence from American rule in 1946, and most importantly, the execution of José Rizal in 1896 which made him a hero of the Philippine Revolution. Luneta was officially renamed Rizal Park in his honor.
7. Intramuros – Located along the southern bank of the Pasig River, Intramuros was built by the Spaniards in the 16th century and is the oldest district in the city of Manila. Its name literally means “within the walls” in Latin, which describes its structure accurately, as it is surrounded by thick, high walls and moats. During the Spanish colonial period, Intramuros was considered Manila itself, so a tour around present day Intramuros gives you an idea of how Manila looked in the 1800s.
6. Boracay – Boracay is an island of the Philippines located approximately 315 km south of Manila and 2 km off the northwest tip of the island of Panay in the Western Visayas region. The top tourist destination in the Philippines, Boracay boasts of a beach unlike any other. Its white, powdery sands and warm, tropical weather remind you that there is a God, and you’re sure to experience the beauty of the environment from this wonderful, natural setting.
5. Quiapo – Quiapo is a district of Manila also referred to as the “old downtown.” It is known for its cheap shopping, with items ranging from electronics and bicycles to native Philippine handicrafts. Quiapo is also famous for the Black Nazarene, the feast of which involves thousands of people parading through the streets to touch the image, which is supposed to produce miraculous effects. The Feast Day of the Black Nazarene, which is also known as Quiapo Day, is celebrated every January 9th.
4. Makati – Makati is a city in the Philippines and is known for being home to the central business district in the Philippines. The Makati CBD is the Philippine equivalent of the American “Wall Street”. Buildings started developing in Makati especially after the Philippine Stocks and Exchange Commission was established and situated in the area. Today, Makati City holds the most number of companies situated in a city within the Philippines.
3. Manila Bay – Manila Bay is a natural harbor which serves the Port of Manila. The bay is considered to be one of the best natural harbors in Southeast Asia, and one of the finest in the world. Although rapid urban growth and industrialization have been contributing to a decline in its water quality, Manila Bay still remains important for commerce and industry, and also serves as a locale for recreation for Metro Manila and is a popular destination for walks and for viewing the sunset.
2. Greenhills – The Greenhills Shopping Center is a shopping hub in the city of San Juan in Metro Manila. Distinct from the usual Philippine mall, Greenhills espouses an ‘indoor-outdoor’ theme, with the shopping center having the appearance of several distinct buildings that are interconnected through pathways. It has over 2,000 stores, and is a must-go-to place for tourist to the Philippines, where one can get the best deals on the best items of any other place in Metro Manila.
1. Palawan – Palawan is an island province of the Philippines located in the MiMaRoPa region. Its capital is Puerto Princesa City, and it is the largest province in the country in terms of total area of jurisdiction. Palawan is actually 1,780 islands and islets combined, where you can go island hopping to experience different islands, from those which have been commercialized and developed for a pleasurable stay, to the most private, but still habitable, virgin abodes.
By: Hotbox Creations
Hotbox Creations is one of the top creative studios for web development and designs. Located in Makati Manila, Philippines.Hotbox offers solutions for Branding, Print, Web and Motion Creatives.
We Help Big and Small Businesses Put their ideas and their business functions online.
Please Contact Company for Pricing and quotation of Services.
- Strict Rules for our National Anthem - September 26, 2010
- The “Where’s Wally of the Philippines” - September 13, 2010
- My Childhood was Voltest Five, Bioman and Masked Rider Black =) - September 12, 2010
- Modern Filipinos Surfs Away With The iPad - September 6, 2010
- Philippine Government Needs To Tighten Website Security - September 5, 2010
- Creative Jobs For Filipinos That Pays Well - August 30, 2010
- PAL (Philippine Airlines) Uses Twitter For Airline Requests. - August 29, 2010
- Top 10 Filipino Multiply Online Fashion Shops!! - August 23, 2010
- Philippines is Ranked #1 In Using Social Networking Sites - August 22, 2010
- Paypal Philippines – How to Use Paypal in The Philippines - August 16, 2010