As an introductory post, I want to impart my vision of United Pinoys in America or U.P.A. for short. Please note that this idea could potentially extend into a global scope (e.g. United Pinoys in the World) but the initial focus serves as a proof of concept to test the waters, get some traction, and spread the word out.
Also, since this is my first post, I want to write a few things about me but do not want to bore you to death, to the point that you’d rather stare at the wall than keep reading my article. In a true blogging 2.0 fashion, here’s a little tag cloud that includes snippets of information about me.
Back to the UPA idea…So, I have been in the U.S. for about seven years now, and have had both wonderful and not-so wonderful experiences with my fellow kababayans here. I won’t dwell too much on the negative side, but the quick takeaway is, I want to ask people to back me up and put that dreaded “crab mentality” disease to rest. You can also tell that I just recently watched the movie Pay It Forward.
Let’s take things one step at a time shall we? It’s a simple request. If you see a fellow pinoy (that you do not know) at a local store or a karaoke party, all you’ve got to do is smile and say, “Kamusta Kabayan?” That’s it. It’s funny but I once did this when I was in California, only to realize that the other person was in fact Thai, and not Filipino. So you might get into that kind of experience too, but you know, it’s worth it if you are Definitely Filipino.
- Pinoy Debate #1: Tabo vs. Tissue - April 9, 2013
- Frugal Tips While Cruising - February 22, 2013
- Gone Cruisin’ - February 6, 2013
- Are You (Still) A Facebook Addict? Or Will You Start Using The New Myspace? - January 27, 2013
- 5 Great Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - January 25, 2013
- Pinoy Debate #3: ABS-CBN or GMA-7? - January 25, 2013
- Why Ricky Lo’s Interview with Anne Hathaway is an EPIC FAIL - January 20, 2013
- Pinoy Debate #2: Jollibee vs. McDonald’s - October 12, 2010
- Ano ang paborito mong sawsawan? - September 13, 2010
- An Interview With Filipino-American Band Chapter 2 - September 5, 2010